We’re looking for an organised, motivated and creative social media manager to join our team. This could be the job that you are looking for if you love social media and care about climate change.
Founded Ten Climate Home News, a leading independent voice, was founded years ago. Coverage of the climate crisis We strive to be the media outlet of choice for a global network of thinkers and doers who seek to understand the economic, political, and social causes of the climate crisis and the actions that can be taken to reverse them.
As the social media mangerYou will be Working directly with the editorial staff Share breaking news and original reporting. We are looking for someone who is able to do this. Expand the reach of our journalism play a key role inshapingOur news outlet’s voice.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring strategies to increase Climate Home News’ reach and impact across social media platforms. You must be able to navigate your way Twitter (our biggest following), and Instagram (a platform that we would like more of). Reddit and other sites that share our experience, such as Reddit TikTokIt is a bonus.
We’d like you to focus on:
- The Definition audience For Each of our channels
- How to grow your following
- How we can reach new people
- How to get more engagement on each platform
- Experimenting in new channels and ways of engaging a wider audience
You will report directly into the editor and collaborate closely with the editorial team and the commercial team. You’ll be working part time, averaging 4 hours a day Monday to Friday. Regular news meetings will be held to discuss the latest stories and how to amplify their impact.
Pay and terms
The role pays £320 for a 20-hour week. The hours are flexible, but it is expected that you will attend pre-arranged online meetings.
We work remotely and occasionally meet in person. You will be working on a freelance contract. To work remotely, you will need a computer and internet connection.
You must be eligible for work and living in the UK.
What you’ll do:
- Be your own boss and learn from it Our social media strategy is designed to drive audience growth, engagement, and engagement.
- Our social content calendar is planned and maintained across all social media channels (Instagram. Twitter. Facebook. LinkedIn).
- Collaborate with our editorial team to develop new content ideas that will elevate and promote our journalism
- Schedule content across channels, making it possible to create reactive or quick-win content opportunities if necessary
- Engage and respond to social channels with a positive attitude.
- Our web and social analytics will help us make decisions about our future strategy.
- Report on the social impact of social efforts regularly and log engagement to use in marketing material (such annual reviews) for Climate Home
What we’re looking for in our social media manager:
- Experience managing consumer-facing social networks accounts. Bonus points for accounts that are media or publishing.
- Understanding the publishing industry and an interest the politics of climate crisis
- A deep understanding of the workings of social media platforms and a keen interest in the most recent social media trends
- Experience running paid media campaigns on social networking platforms
- Writing engaging and clear copy
- Ability to create, edit and share content using branding tools and tools such Canva and Photoshop.
Desirable but not essential
- Short-form video editing skills
How to apply
Send your CV, a one-page analysis of Climate Home News’ existing social media presence and a covering email of up to 400 words to the editor Megan Darby at [email protected].
We want to hear about your top social media initiatives (with examples) as well as your vision for increasing engagement and reach at Climate Home News.
Application deadline: 9:00 BST, 11 April 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 18 April
Start date: As soon as possible
Source: Climate Change News